How To Survive Freshers Nights Out | University Guide
These are a few tips I learnt throughout freshers last year and I thought they may be helpful to those of you hoping to go to university this September, I'm hoping I haven't missed anything out. These tips are based on my experience of surviving a night out during Freshers and remember to have fun!
1. Before you go out make sure you have the numbers of everyone you're going out with, this way you'll be able to call someone when you're in an unfamiliar club and probably in a new city too.
2. Have a few numbers for local reliable taxis before you leave.
3. Leave a glass of water by your bed for when you come in - okay I say glass but I find sports bottles/plastic water bottles are a safer bet incase you knock it over!
4. Put your keys in a safe place like the zip pocket in your bag so if you do fall over whilst out (it happens to the best of us, especially in freshers!) your keys will still be safe.
5. Never go anywhere alone, we all know girls go to the toilet in pairs anyway, but even to the bar, smoking area, different room in the club make sure you have someone with you!
6. Never leave your drink unattended and don't drink someone else's drink that they've left on the side - both of these seem obvious but trust me, it's important to remember these.
7. Do not leave the club alone if possible and get a taxi if you're going to be on your own, it's much safer!
8. This one really isn't a tip as such, but if you've lost your friends look in the smoking area, even the non-smokers gravitate there usually for a bit of air!