Welcome to our website !

Staying Motivated At Uni | Uni Guide

By 08:00 , , ,

(I've already used this photo but shh I like it and it illustrates my point well!)

I'll be one of the first to admit, staying motivated at university/college/school can be difficult sometimes. I'm now in my second year of my degree which means I have to work a lot harder this year and I have a few tips that might be helpful for you!


1) Stay Organised
This one can be difficult but it's a lot better to be organised from the start. I am currently doing 3 separate topics so I've got 3 different ring binders so I can keep the topics separate which makes it easier to revise.

2) Go to your lessons!
I know this one seems obvious, but trust me it makes a big difference going to the lesson rather than just writing up the notes from a powerpoint. The lecturers do use power points, but they also add verbal information in whilst they're teaching and they're important too. 9am starts aren't the best but grab yourself a coffee or hot drink on the way and that makes them a little easier.

3) Do the core reading as you go
This is something I didn't do last year and it made my life more difficult near the end as I had a huge reading list to get through which was overwhelming. It's a lot easier to keep up with the reading list as you go, trust me! If you know you're up to date with the reading you'll feel more motivated to go to all the lessons.

4) Ask for help if you need it
If you're stuck with something ask your teachers for help! They are there to help you and they want you to achieve the best grade possible. If you don't feel comfortable asking for help in front of the whole class, ask them after the lesson. 

5) Take breaks and reward yourself
Don't drive yourself mad by working 24/7 so take frequent breaks. I personally find working for 40 minutes and then having a 10-15 minute break helps me the most and it means I stay motivated to keep going.


I hope these tips helped some of you, if you have any more suggestions leave them in the comments below!




You Might Also Like

0 comments