Welcome to our website !

Things I've Learnt As A Teenager

By 09:00 ,

I decided instead of using a photo of awkward 13 year old me, I decided I'd go for one of me when I was about 5/6, because let's be honest that's a little cuter!

As of tomorrow I will no longer be a teenager and that's a scary thought, I feel so old! I'll no longer have the 'but it's fine I'm a teenager' excuse and I'm one step closer to being a responsible adult which is an even scarier thought. Here are a few things I've learnt throughout my teenage years and I wish I knew these things before.

1 | You will make it through high school
High school can be one of the most challenging things to go through as a teenager but you will make it through, and you will be an even stronger person for it. Yes, you may fall out with your friends, teachers and parents but you will get through it.

2 | You will drink too much and regret it the next day
This may not apply to everyone, but I know most people drink and a lot of people drink before the legal age too which I don't condone at all. Learning your limits with alcohol may take some trial and error but you will drink too much and feel rough the next day and swear you'll 'never drink again'. I will say don't drink until you're legally allowed to and drink responsibly.

3 | You will become closer to your parents
I found throughout my teenage years my relationship with my parents really was a roller coaster of emotions. There were many arguments (mainly on my part), there will be tears but there will be a lot of laughs. You'll realise that although they may not be always right (sorry Mum!) they want the best for you and they'll support you and still love you despite your rebellious stage.

4 | You will doubt yourself but you need to believe in yourself
It's so easy to doubt yourself when you're constantly comparing yourself to others but try not to. You need to believe in yourself instead and I know that's more easily said than done but please try to believe in yourself more.

5 | You will have nights that you feel like you're breaking
Throughout my teenage years there were a lot of things that I thought were 'the end of the world' and looking back, they weren't. I still had every right to feel how I did, but just remember whenever you feel like you're breaking, tomorrow is a new day.

6 | You will be okay
This is the most important one, you will be okay. You will make it through, I promise. Life may throw some difficult things at you but you will make it through.


You Might Also Like

0 comments