Welcome to our website !

Travel Tips For The Travel Sick | Advice

By 09:00 , ,


This may not seem like a pleasant topic to talk about, but why not? I'm travel sick and knowing it takes me about 4 hours to travel from uni to home if I go home for a weekend is a daunting thought. So, following on from that I thought I'd share some of my tips with you, these may be helpful even if you're not travel sick.

Travel Sick Tablets | These are my first tip and although I know not everyone likes taking tablets, these save me every time. I can't even make it 20 minutes into a journey sometimes without hanging my head out the window and begging my Dad to pull over (beautiful image, I know!). I personally use Stugeron, however I will say speak to your GP/Doctor/Pharmacist before buying any travel tablets as I am not medically trained in any way. 

Headphones | I find listening to music is also something that helps, because it distracts me from thinking 'Am I going to feel sick? Do I feel sick sick or am I just nervous?'. I also can't read anything, or barely go on my phone whilst I'm travelling so headphones and calming music are the next best thing.

Sitting At The Front | Okay, so I know back in school the 'cool kids' sat at the back, but for me this was never possible. The teacher would always save a seat for me right at the front, and even though I'm no longer at school I still sit at the front.

Always Look Forward | This follows on from the two above points. I have to look forward when I travel, or sometimes out the window but no looking down at all. 

Choose Your Travel Method Wisely | This one may not always be possible, for example travelling abroad. However, when I travel home for the weekend I could either go by train or coach and I choose the coach every time. For me, trains makes me anxious anyway so that would add to my fear of being sick but also coach is cheaper for me.

Travel Prepared | I always have a bottle of water and some mints in my bag when I travel, I guess they're just there 'just in case' but it comforts me knowing they're there.


I also find using travel sick bands very helpful if it's a really long journey, even though they're not the most stylish accessory they do work wonders.
I know this may seem a little gross to be posting this, but if you are travel sick I hope these tips help and if you have any other suggestions please leave them below.

What are your travel tips?


You Might Also Like

0 comments