Welcome to our website !

Social Media Is An Illusion

By 09:00 ,



I've been meaning to write this blog post for quite some time now but I've been struggling with how to word it all. It's so easy to get sucked into believing everything we read on social media, whether it's Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or even blogs. I'm not saying that social media is a bad thing, because I think it's great but it can be so misleading.

Sometimes I'll find myself scrolling through someone's Instagram or Twitter and feeling a deep sadness because they're life appears perfect and I sit and wonder why mine isn't. Then I'll remember that actually, it may not be perfect and social media is an illusion sometimes. It is difficult to remember this sometimes though, and I'm guilty of this on a regular basis.

You may have done the same as me, scrolling through someone's Instagram and seeing all these fancy products people own, how their family looks perfect and they have wonderful friends and a beautiful home. However, you need to remind yourself that sometimes it's not all what it seems. That person most probably has personal issues of their own, daily battles that they're struggling with and their life is not perfect - no ones is.

Apart from a few odd posts on Instagram which show an insight into my 'real' life I only post positive posts, as I want to look back on it in years to come and remember the fun times rather than the sad ones. I get sad sometimes, everyone does, but I don't always post it on social media. Sometimes I struggle with family, friendships and money but I don't always post them on my social media accounts, but because I don't post them it doesn't mean my life is perfect.

I love social media, don't get me wrong but I find it really easy to get sucked into getting jealous of other peoples lives and wishing I was more like them. Sometimes I need to take a step back and remember that social media is an illusion and just because someone spots many photos of them smiling, enjoying time with their friends and family it doesn't mean they don't struggle sometimes.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, as I'm a little apprehensive about posting it. What are your thoughts on social media being an illusion?




You Might Also Like

0 comments