Welcome to our website !

Brain Tumour Awareness Month | March 2016

By 09:00


I've been debating writing this post for quite a while now as its a topic very close to my heart and extremely personal. I realised that if I can help raise awareness, then it's worth talking about. 

March is brain tumour awareness month, and the 24th March is wear a hat day (more on that in a minute) so I thought it was the perfect time to talk about it. Now, cancer is scary and we all know that, and many people don't like talking about it but I believe awareness still needs to be raised. 

Brain Tumour Research only receives less than 1% national cancer research spending in the UK, yet more children and adults under 40 die from brain tumours than any other cancer. That's some scary statistics, and I honestly wasn't even personally aware of these stats until it became a topic close to my heart. 

This month, Brain Tumour Research are holding their annual 'Wear A Hat Day' which is a way of raising money for the charity, and it's as easy as it sounds. If you sign up you will be sent a free fundraising pack and go from there. This is a simple but fun way to raise money and can be quite a laugh at the same time. If you're interested in signing up, you still have time to do so just follow this link here. Or if this doesn't take your fancy there is an A-Z of ideas for fundraising which you can view here

This post may not be written very well, however it's been quite difficult for me to write about this and I just wanted to raise awareness surrounding Brain Tumour Research. 

Have you ever heard of Wear A Hat Day before?




You Might Also Like

0 comments